Friday, July 8, 2011

School Day at the Zoo

We decided to take advantage of the pretty weather and head to the zoo for school one day near the beginning of May. (Yes, that's how far behind I am with posting pictures on here!) The kids, needless to say, were super excited and in need of a fun field trip. Gotta love the flexibility of homeschooling!













After seeing all the animals and being completely enthralled by the monkeys, I let the kids play on the awesome playground outside the zoo. The kids again had a lot of fun and didn't want to leave. I think they could've stayed there for hours and I was willing to let them play for a long time except for when the 3 school buses showed up to drop off kids and then the playground was crowded, so we took off.











This is my favorite picture from them on the playground. I love the concentration on Luke's face, the bend in his legs and how he has his arms just-so in order to keep him from falling.

No comments: