Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Learning about Honeybees

One of my favorite things about homeschooling is the field trips. I love to watch my kids have hands on experiences about things we have been studying at home. It's just invaluable-how many kids get to do this kind of stuff?

We studied honeybees not too long ago and my wonderful hubby hooked us up with an entomology professor at our old stomping grounds...Clemson! It was an amazing experience for them as well as us. I have never been so up close and personal with bees in my life and how often do you get your own private lesson from a university professor? So much fun, and we of course finished off the day with ice cream at the '55 Exchange. Ahh, it's all in a day's schoolwork.


My little ghost busters, er....Bee Keepers!
Honeycomb, we were even able to locate the queen bee.







The fam.


I theatened to put this on the front of our Christmas card and no one seemed to think that was as funny as me, oh well. ;-)


No comments: