Monday, August 22, 2011

So, I mentioned bedrest...


These pictures were taken during our beach trip recently. I was 30 weeks and my best sis-in-law is right behind me at 28 weeks. I have several bech pictures to share, but wanted to share my bedrest story first....we hve nothing but time here people.
After a wonderful week at the beach, it was time to get back to my crazy and busy schedule here at home. We returned on a Sat and that Mon the kids and I were starting our new school year. Things went smoothly and we finished school early. I was really pleased because I was cooking dinner for my hubby's cousin and his wife who just had their first child. I was also cooking for another friend who just had her third baby and then of course, cooking our meal. That meant I was quadrupling my lasagna because one has to also go in the freezer, right?
To my shock, things were running like clockwork and everything was baked and ready to go at the right time- which was great because I also had to get the kids to a pool party after delivering supper.
I delivered supper and then drove to the pool party. We were a little late, but come on...who isn't always late when they have 3 kids and are pg? That's when it happened. I went to get out of my car, put my foot on the ground and the next thing I knew I was sitting on the ground. It happened so fast that I really don't even know how I fell. I knew I fell hard. I landed smack on my rear and sat there a moment in shock, then laughed like crazy because obviously I'm a klutz.
We went to the party and 30 minutes later I felt really nauseous and then the cramping set in. I feltbaad enough that I decided to load the kids up early and head home. A call to my doctor insured me that if the cramping didn't stop after an hour of resting and drinking lots of water, I was to go to the hospital.
Luckily, I felt better in an hour and went to bed. I had a regular OB appt the next day anyway. When I went to my appt, I was shocked to learn that I was 2cm dilated and 50% effaced- they were sending me straight to labor and delivery and I was told to not even go to the front desk to register.
Once I got there, I was given 3 different medications to stop my contractions and 1 to help mature the babies lungs in case of a premature delivery. I spent 2 nights in the hospital and left at a fingertip dilated and 50% effaced. I've been on strict bedrest since. Still in medicine to control my contractions. My OB wants me to make it to 35 weeks and then she will reassess my bedrest. It stinks because I am so dependent on everyone, and if you know me...you know this is NOT part of my personality. I do not like to depend on others for every little thing. I am sore from laying around all day and I wish I could sit up..she has me laying down as much as possible. I am allowed to get up to potty and shower-that's it.

I have a follow-up appt today so I'm excited because I get to leave the house. Heck, I'm excited because I get to leave my bedroom! I guess I will be updting later to share what happens and be prepared to get bombarded with pictures. I finally have the time to post them, lol!



1 comment:

Anne said...

How scary! I know there's nothing "restful" about staying in bed on doctor's orders, so I hope it flies by for you. Hang in there!